Fleetdown United FC Hall Hire Agreement
By proceeding with your booking, you are deemed to have accepted the following terms and conditions for the hire of the hall.
Terms & Conditions of Hire
Agreements with the trustees of Fleetdown United Football Club (FUFC) for the hire of the FUFC function hall located at Heath Lane (lower), Dartford, DA12QH or any part thereof (“The Premises”) are subject to these terms and conditions of hire (“The Hire Conditions”)
Undertaking of the Hirer
The hirer undertakes to ensure that they have an understanding of the Hire Conditions in force at the time of booking.
Supervision by the Hirer
The hirer undertakes to be present, or arrange for sufficient adult representatives to be present, throughout the hiring to ensure compliance with the provisions and stipulations contained or referred to in these Hire Conditions and any relevant licenses.
Responsibility of the Hirer
The Hirer shall be responsible during the period of hire for:-
- Being familiar with, and complying with, the guides provided for use of the Premises
- Ensuring that the Premises are kept secure for the duration of the hire
- Supervision of the use of the Premises and the care of its fabric and contents
- Ensuring that the Premises (including foyer, kitchen, kitchen appliances and toilets as appropriate) are left clean and tidy with rubbish removed from the site at the end of the hire
- Ensuring that all equipment, chairs and tables have been returned to their original storage positions safely and the Premises are cleared of people
- Ensuring that any temporary fixtures and fittings comply with Health & Safety guidance, and in particular ensuring that any decorations used are not a fire hazard
- Ensuring that any equipment or electrical appliances bought onto the Premises and used there shall be certified safe and in good working order, and used in a safe manner
- Ensuring that no animals (including birds), except assist dogs are brought onto the premises, without written permission of FUFC on the occasion of a special event or hire agreed to by FUFC
- Ensuring that no animals whatsoever enter the kitchen at any time
- Ensuring that no Barbecues, LPG appliances or highly flammable substances are brought onto the Premises
- Ensuring that they and their attendees recognise the fact that the Premises are situated in a residential neighbourhood and conduct themselves accordingly by, for example, taking care not to slam car doors, especially late at night, and not playing loud music or making other sounds at inappropriate levels
Bookings which may be refused
The FUFC booking administrator, on behalf of the trustees, has the right to refuse any reason for whatever reason. This includes concerns over potential noise levels and other nuisances especially to our neighbours. With this in mind, the administrator will not accept bookings for teenage and young adult parties including 16th and 18th birthday parties.
If a booking involves children or vulnerable adults such that a safeguarding policy is required, the administrator may refuse that booking on safeguarding grounds.
Payments & Cancellations
- The Cost of the Hall Hire is set at £55 per hour
- 50% of the booking fee (i.e. £110) is due at the time of booking. The remaining balance is to be paid no later than 4 weeks before the event date
- There is a £100 refundable deposit to be paid with the balance to cover any damages. This will be returned on the night once the Premises have been checked
- There will be a full refund if the event is cancelled 4 weeks or more before a booking
- 50% of booking charge is due if cancellation occurs between 1 & 4 weeks of booking
- 100% of booking charge will be retained by FUFC if cancellation 1 week or less before a booking
The Hirer Shall
- Ensure that the “Emergency Exit” signs are kept illuminated
- Ensure that the Fire Brigade is called to any outbreak of fire, however slight, and details given to FUFC
- Ensure that all fire exits at the Premises are kept clear at all times. However, if any equipment, eg disco equipment, is positioned close to an exit, the user of the equipment is made repsonsible for moving it rapidly out of the way of the exits in an emergency
- Ensure that the relevant Premises entrances and exits are not blocked with items such as buggies, wheelchairs or mobile scooters
Use of the Premises
The Hirer shall not:-
- sub-let or use the Premises for any purpose other that described in their booking application
- use the Premises or allow the Premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way
- do anything or bring onto the Premises anything which may endanger the Premises or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof
- allow the use of drugs on the Premises
- allow smoking in the Premises, in the patio area or in the vicinity of the entrances
Vehicles are parked at the owners risk, and may be parked only in the marked spaces. The space at the side of the hall is reserved for emergency vehicle use, but may be used temporarily for unloading.
Premises Licence and other relevant Legislation
The Hirer is responsible for:-
- Conforming to the terms of the Premises Licence granted to FUFC, including, but not limited to, permitted hours for licensable activities (serving alcohol, playing live or recorded music)
- Ensuring that alcohol is not served to any person under the age of 18 years
- Ensuring that only alcoholic beverages sold at the FUFC Licensed bar are consumed on the Premises
- Ensuring no excessive noise occurs, particularly late at night or early morning, with the minimum of noise being made by any person on arrival or departure
The hirer shall ensure that the users:-
- do not contravene the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries
- comply with all conditions and regulations required by the Licensing Act, particularly in connection with events which include public dancing or music, stage plays, films, or similar entertainment taking place at the Premises
Any breaches of this condition may lead to prosecution by the local authority
Compliance with Legislation relating to children or vulnerable adults
For all bookings involving children or vulnerable adults, except for private parties where the Hirer is a family member, the Hirer is required to have their own safeguarding policy and must ensure that those who work with young people of vulnerable adults hold a current DBS certificate.
The Hirer shall ensure that any activities at the Premises for children or vulnerable adults comply with current legislation in that regard and that only fit and proper persons have access to children or vulnerable adults. Child Protection Policies are the responsibility of the Hirer.
The Hirer shall indemnify and keep indemnified each of the Trustees of FUFC and their employees, volunteers, agents and invitees against:-
- The cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the Premises including the curtilage thereof or the contents of the Premises
- against all actions, claims and costs of proceedings arising from any breach of the Hall Hire conditions
- all claims in respect of damages, including damage for loss of property or injury to persons, arising as a result of the use of the Premises (including the storage of equipment) by the Hirer
As directed by FUFC, the Hirer shall make good or pay for all damage (including accidental damage) to the Premises or to the fixtures or contents and for loss of contents.
The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that any third party such as a catering company or operator hired to bring equipment such as bouncy castles onto the Premises has relevant and appropriate insurance, which shall include Public Liability Insurance.
If the Hirer is operating as a business they are responsible for ensuring that they have relevant and appropriate insurance, which shall include Public Liability insurance.
Accidents & Dangerous Occurrences
The Hire must report all accidents involving injury to the public to an authorised representative of FUFC as soon as possible, and complete the relevant section if FUFC’s accident book. The Hirer shall ensure the appropriate level of medical assistance is sought, or an ambulance is called.
Any failure of equipment, either that belonging to FUFC, or brought in by the Hirer must also be reported as soon as possible.
FUFC may provide storage space, for regular users, and may charge a deposit for the use of a key to these storage spaces. These keys remain the property of FUFC, and, on request, must be returned to FUFC.
FUFC accepts no responsibility for any stored equipment or other property brought onto or left at the Premises and liability for loss of damage is hereby excluded. All equipment and other property, other than that stored on the Premises by agreement, must be removed at the end of each hiring or storage period. FUFC may dispose of any such items 7 days thereafter at its discretion, by sale or otherwise in such terms and conditions as it thinks fit, and charge the Hirer daily storage fees and costs incurred in storing and selling or otherwise disposing of the same.
Decorations may be hung on the side walls of the Premises but not elsewhere. On request, Hirers must produce a certificate that the decorations are not a fire hazard. Fixings for decorations (pins, blu tack etc) should not leave permanent damage/marks to the current decor at the Premises.
No other alterations or additions may be made to the Premises, and no fixtures may be installed, or placards, or other articles be attached in any way to any part of the Premises without the written approval of FUFC.
Any alteration, fixture of fitting, or attachment, so approved, shall, at the discretion of FUFC, remain in the Premises at the end of the hiring and become the property of FUFC or be removed by the Hirer. The Hirer must make good to the satisfaction of FUFC any damage caused to the Premises by such removal.
Interuption of Regular Bookings
If a Hirer is a regular weekly user, FUFC reserves the right to cancel all, or part of, certain bookings in favour of one-off bookings. Such cancellations shall not occur more than once per month, and at least six weeks’ notice shall be given of such cancellation.
FUFC reserves the right to nominate a specified weekday evening as not being available for regular weekly bookings, so that priority can be given to monthly, or less frequent, bookings.
Cancellation by FUFC
FUFC reserves the right to cancel by written notice to the Hirer in the event of a national emergency, or similar forced major situation that requires the Premises to be closed, or of the Premises being required for use as a Polling Station for a Parliamentary or Local Government election or bye-election or referendum or if FUFC reasonably consider that:-
- such hiring may lead to a breach of the licensing conditions, or other legal or statutory requirements, or
- unlawful or unsuitable activities may take place at the Premises as a result of the hiring, or
- the Premises have become unfit for the use intended by the Hirer
In any such case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit or hire fees already paid, but FUFC shall not be liable for any resulting direct or indirect loss or damages whatsoever.
The Hirer is responsible for confirming to all Public Health Legislation and guidance that relates to the control of viral pandemics or diseases such as Covid-19 and to take reasonable precautions to stop the spread of the virus.
These terms and conditions will have been made available to the Hirer at the time of making the booking. By proceeding with the booking the Hirer is deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.